Below are some of 2010’s biggest fantasy football busts.
1. Ray Rice- Many drafted Ray Rice in the first round but he was very inconsistent. He ended the season with only 5 rushing touchdown and averaged just 76.2 yards a game. First round picks should do much better than that. I will not be drafting Rice in the first or even second round.
2. Kyle Orton- Orton had a very good start to the season, throwing over 300 yards for 4 out of the first 5 games of the season. Before sitting out the season due to an injury, his QB ratings for his last two games were 46.3 and 27.1. Orton may not be wearing a Bronco uniform next year and his situation may be one to keep an eye on.
3. Matt Schaub- Matt Schaub threw for less than 250 yards 7 times last season. That’s not something a top-tier quarterback does. Schaub is a second or third tier QB and should only be used as a backup.
4. Chad Ochocinco- Chad took a backseat to Owens last year and seems to be past him prime. Chad will not be wearing a Bengals uniform next year and should be no more than a late draft pick.
5. Larry Fitzgerald- Through no fault of his own, Fitzgerald’s did not meet expectations in 2010. You have to consider that Fitzgerald had Derek Anderson, Max Hall, and John Skelton throwing him the ball. With that in mind, you have to be excited about the fact that he was able to still have a decent season. While he is still a top WR, the QB situation will decide where among the top WR he ranks.